With our wealth of experience, Randall Orchard Construction is able to deliver a complete building service covering a wide range of projects, varying in complexity and size from minor works to individual contracts up to £3 million, whether they are procured under traditional, Design and Build or Partnering scenarios.
All schemes are overseen by one of our Project Managers, qualified in Construction Management and Quantity Surveying, and supported by a team of four site managers, who collectively possess a broad knowledge and experience within the construction industry.
We directly employ in excess of 50 highly skilled craftspeople, many of whom are local and have worked for us for a number of years, which mean most of the work we undertake is carried out by our own expert workmen and women.
As a competent service provider, all subcontractors are chosen from an approved list of contractors, with whom we work regularly and in unison with.
Health & Safety
Health and Safety is taken very seriously. As well as being CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) accredited, a non-commercial scheme available to buyers looking for suitably competent suppliers, and Constructionline approved, at Randall Orchard Construction, independent Health & Safety Advisors are used for all documentation and for each individual work scheme.
Our employees undertake regular refresher courses to keep them up-to-date with building industry safety standards. All the site managers have their Site Managers Health & Safety Training Scheme qualification (SMSTS).
Constructionline provides a similar pre-qualification tool for use in determining a company’s financial standing, technical references, management and other areas. Both CHAS and Constructionline support the principles of a single register, and so work jointly to ensure that buyers can be confident their supplier has all the necessary requirements to carry out work appropriately, to nationally required standards for construction businesses.
Training & Apprenticeship
Randall Orchard Construction is registered with the North Yorkshire Construction Training Group as well as the CITB, through which we recognise the value of training our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future and meet the needs of our business and industry. From the outset, the organisation can demonstrate its investment, and actively encourage young people into the industry and training skilled personnel for the future.
- 20 dwellings, including 2 Bed Apartments and 5 Bedroom detached properties, Richmond
- 4 dwellings, Hackforth
- 8 stone built properties Whitefields, Richmond
- Industrial Units, Shildon
- St Andrew’s Church, Aysgarth, roof repairs
- Refurbishment of private property, West Layton
- Refurbishment of private property, Eskeleth
- House extension, Halnaby
Over the past few years we have built a number of medical centres for the same client, Trinity Medical Properties. Locally these have included sites at Colburn, Leyburn, Scorton and Aldbrough St John. Further afield we have completed projects in Co. Durham, Huddersfield and North Wales.
Other healthcare projects include:
- Nurseries at Barnard Castle and Hawes.
- Rosedale Nursing Home at Catterick including refurbishment and new bedroom blocks.
- Children’s Centre to form an extension to Bedale Hall.
- New build offices at Oliver Buildings, Aske, following on from pervious conversion work
- Sub-station at East Appleton near Catterick for large Solar Farm
- Pumping Stations, Swaledale for Yorkshire Water.
- New shop units at Eaglescliffe rebuilt following a fire
- Phases 1 and 2, Shildon
- Scarth Memorial Hall Refurbishment, Staindrop
- 14 bedroom extension at the exclusive Lumley Castle Hotel.
- Letting bedrooms and a new dining room for the Queens Head at Finghall.
- Construction of the new Pavilion at Bedale Bowls Club.
- Club House at Catterick Golf Club.
- Entrance Pavilion at Newby Hall.
- Extensive alterations at Catterick Racecourse
- Visitors centre and shop at Richmond Castle for English Heritage.
- New cricket pavilion & MUGA at Reeth
- Bike Centre at Fremington near Reeth
- New Scout and Guide hut at Bedale
- Old Methodist Chapel converted into Village Hall at Grewelthorpe
- Barnard Castle School: we have carried out numerous projects within the school including extensions to the accommodation blocks; a new IT and Science Block; Prep School Extension & new Cricket Pavilion.
- A significant extension at Barton Primary School.
- Extensive alterations at Wensleydale School, Leyburn.
- Refurbishment of existing buildings at Kiplin Hall to form student accommodation.
- Carlton Lodge Outdoor Centre, near Thirsk, new changing facilities.